Our priority is to protect the wellbeing of our team members, guests and business partners alike during the prevailing Covid-19 era. Below we have outlined some of the new safety and sanitation measures being taken by the Osborne Hotel once the hotel reopens 1st July 2020 so you know what you can expect on your journey with us.
We hope the information provided answers any questions you may have, but if you still have any concerns before booking, please do not hesitate to contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org
A SAFE JOURNEY
The team at the Osborne Hotel has enhanced our health and safety procedures to ensure that every guest has a safe and enjoyable stay.
- A Healthy Team: Keeping you safe begins with keeping our valued team members safe. The team has been trained in the new cleanliness and hygiene standards. They also understand how to identify potential health risks and are committed to working together to strictly follow all safety and cleaning protocols, which are detailed in this document.
- Enhanced Cleaning Measures: Our team has enhanced all cleaning procedures. Hand sanitizer dispensers are available throughout the hotel and we regularly sanitize all high-touch points, for example lifts, telephones chair arms, tables, handrails, door handles, toilet seat/flusher and baby changing facilities
- Social Distancing and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): The team and guests will practice social distancing throughout the hotel. Capacities will be capped in certain areas of the hotel. In line with government guidance, team members will wear all necessary PPE
- Preventive Measures and Rapid Response: We will complete mandatory temperature checks on the team, with anyone unwell returning home. The hotel has systems in place to rapidly respond to and support anyone that falls ill, working with nearby health centers to deliver help quickly.
- Online Check-in: For our guests, all check-in formalities will be completed prior to arrival at reception. In order to ensure a minimal check-in process, please disclose personal data with the hotel reservations team, at least, 24 hours prior to arrival, this will reduce contact time at reception.
- Flexible Cancellation Policy: For our guests making new individual reservations for any future arrival date, changes or cancellations are permitted at no charge up to 24 hours before the scheduled arrival date. This applies to all rates and packages booked on the Osborne Hotel website. For reservations booked via online travel agents, please contact the booking provider for information on their individual policies.
- Arrival Time: to be communicated to the hotel at least 24 hours prior to arrival, this will allow the hotel to ensure social distancing is managed and respected.
ENTERING THE HOTEL
- Temperature Check: Hotel personnel will be wearing PPE and mandatory temperature checks may be performed at the hotel entrance.
- Hand Disinfection: Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at entrance and all guests entering the hotel will be asked to disinfect their hands upon entering the hotel.
- Febrile Guests: Any guest displaying a fever, high temperature of 37.2 degrees Celsius will be politely directed to the closest hospital / medical facility. In the regrettable circumstances that you are displaying a high temperature you will not be allowed into the hotel.
- Luggage Disinfection: When handling luggage our guests are to use surface disinfecting wipes provided.
- Provision of PPE to Guest on Arrival: In line with Government guidelines guests should arrive at the hotel with the required PPE
- Social Distancing: Clear signage will be displayed in the lobby reminding the public health guidelines.
RECEPTION, GUEST SERVICES
- PPE for Receptionists: Where stipulated by local health guidelines, team members will wear protective gear.
- Hand Disinfection: Team members will comply with mandatory and regular hand washing and sanitization.
- Sanitizing of Equipment: Front Desk and frequently touched areas to be disinfected on a regular basis throughout the day and night.
- Touchless Interactions: Touchless payment options and e-mail receipts will be encouraged; Payment terminals will be disinfected before and after each transaction. Our reservations team will be requesting pre-payment prior to your arrival.
- Key Cards: Bedroom keys available which will be sanitized prior and post to being issued to our guests. Key card box will be provided at the reception desk to deposit the key cards into.
- Social Distancing: Clear signage will be displayed to avoid overcrowding in lifts.
- Hand Disinfection: Hand sanitizer stand will be available next to lifts.
- Sanitation: We will sanitize high-touch point areas in the lifts, especially operating buttons, with suitable chemicals.
- In-Room Sanitation:
- Frequently touched areas: will be disinfected regularly e.g. telephone, remote control, handles, toilet seat/flusher, faucets, shower controls, kettle, light switches, air conditioning control panel, hair dryer, minibar door, safe and bins.
- Bed Linen & Towels: Linen will be handled with extreme care to prevent raising dust and potential contamination; Used linen will be washed at a minimum of 65°C for at least 25 mins.
- Ventilation: Each time a bedroom is serviced; we will ensure it is ventilated by opening window(s).
- Housekeeping Service: Our accommodations service will be flexible on timings in order to minimize person-to-person exposure.
- Room Attendants: All our room attendants will wear personal protective equipment as required by local health guidelines.
- PPE for Public Area Attendants: Our team members will wear protective equipment as required by local health guidelines; these guidelines will be enforced by management; our Duty Managers will monitor the proper use of PPE; PPE will be replaced and sanitized as necessary.
- Sanitation: Hand sanitizer dispensers are available throughout the hotel and we regularly sanitize all high-touch points, for example lifts, telephones chair arms, tables, handrails, door handles, toilet seat/flusher and baby changing facilities
- Hotel Sanitation Guidelines: We will display signage in public areas to remind our guests and visitors to observe social distancing, hand washing / hand-sanitizing.
- Social Distancing: We will rearrange furniture in our public areas in such a way that it allows for proper social distancing.
- Restrooms: We will provide an alternative to hand dryers e.g. hand towels along with a touch free area to place used items.
- Soft Furnishings: Our soft furnishings will continue to be steamed periodically
RESTAURANTS, BAR, POOL
- PPE for Team Members: Our team members will wear protective gear as required by local health guidelines.
- Hands Disinfection: Mandatory hand sanitation will be enforced for our team members. Hand sanitizer will be readily available to our team in the back of the house.
- Social Distancing – Dining Room: We will reduce the number of tables to maintain social distancing guidelines. Tables will be appropriately set apart from each other. Team members will apply appropriate distancing when interacting with guests and each other.
- Table & Chairs Disinfection: Disposable table covers will continue to be changed after each party has left. Table tops and chairs will be disinfected after each party has left. The placemats will be changed and disinfected after each party has left.
- Service Style: We will only provide waiter service for breakfast. We will minimize exposure in guest rooms as much as possible therefore room service will not be offered for the time being.
- Salt & Pepper Cruets: We will remove salt & pepper cruets and any other condiments e.g. Ketchup, etc. but offer disposable condiments.
- Menus: Single use, disposable menus will also be made available.
- Food Safety: We will continue to observe the strictest good hygiene practices across all areas of the hotel.
- Menu Planning: Initially we will run limited menus for quality assurance. We will not facilitate buffets at this time and we will adjust our menu offer accordingly and as necessary.
- Ventilation: We will ventilate the restaurant after each meal period.
- Pool Sunbeds, Tables and chairs: We will reduce the number of sunbeds to maintain social distancing guidelines. Sunbeds, tables and chairs will be disinfected after each party has left.
- Pool: We will reduce the number of guests using the pool to maintain social distancing guidelines
BACK OF HOUSE
- Temperature Check: We will complete mandatory health checks prior to arrival and temperature checks on team members upon arriving at work. Team members running a temperature of more than 37.2 C, with/without COVID 19 symptoms will be sent home and their status will be reported to Management.
- COVID-19 Symptoms: Any team member suffering from sore throat, dry cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, vomiting and / or diarrhea will be asked to remain at home and self-isolate for a minimum of 14 days
- Hand Disinfection: Mandatory hand washing and sanitation will be enforced for our team members. Hand sanitizer will be readily available for team members.
- Social Distancing: All team members will comply with the 2-meter social distancing rules.
- We will stagger team member shifts where possible to enforce social distancing. 15-minute slots will prevent overcrowding in the locker rooms and rest rooms;
- We will rearrange our workspaces to adhere to social distancing regulations.
- Key High-Touch Points: Frequently touched surfaces will be disinfected regularly, e.g. tables and chairs, door handles, light switches, telephones, keyboard, mouse, hot water kettle, printer/copier/scanner, etc.
- Personal Protective Equipment PPE: Team members will be given PPE as indicated by Company Policy and/or local health guidelines; supervisors will monitor the correct use of PPE. PPE will be replaced and disinfected as required.
- Changing of Uniforms: Fresh uniforms (e.g. items that directly touch the skin such as shirt, blouse, or chef’s jackets/aprons) will be provided to all team members as required.
- Wash Hand Basins: Wash hand basins will be fully equipped with necessary utilities; hot water, antibacterial wash and disposable towels. We will also ensure that all our bins are disinfected daily.
- Hand Sanitizer: Hand sanitizers will be located at strategic points.
- Personal Hygiene Education: We are displaying prominent signage, affixed in conspicuous areas including notice boards reminding team members to enforce strict cough etiquette, hand washing and hand sanitization.
- Outer Clothing and Personal Belongings: These items will be kept inside lockers. Changing rooms will be thoroughly disinfected daily.
- Occupational Health Nurse: Medical assistance will be available upon request
- Meetings: We will move furniture and chairs to adhere to social distancing regulations; hand sanitizer will be readily available; we will ensure proper ventilation e.g. open door / window if meeting lasts for more than 30 minutes; we will continue to disinfect table tops and chair arms after each meeting and during breaks where appropriate.
- Receipt of Goods: In line with HACCP standards, any food transported in dirty containers or dirty vehicles will be rejected and the delivery of loose food discouraged. Hand sanitizer will be available for team member and supplier use. We will remove and discard outer packaging of food deliveries, fresh, frozen and dry goods and decant into sanitized containers / shelving prior to being taken into refrigerators, freezers and store rooms.
- Suppliers: All our suppliers deliver as per scheduled times and are not allowed to unload their products at the same time; in order for social distancing to the observed; our suppliers and drivers are not allowed to proceed beyond the demarcation line.
- Waste Collection: Our waste collection is scheduled in order that it does not coincide with linen and food deliveries. Bins will be washed and sanitized following collections.
- Kitchen Visitors: We will impose a restricted visitor entry to all kitchens for non-kitchen / stewarding / food service personnel. PPE of gowns, masks and gloves must be worn by any visitors.
- Vegetable and Fruit Sanitization: We will ensure proper cleaning of fruit and vegetables using approved sanitizing agents where appropriate.
- Kitchen Sanitation: Our operational kitchens will continue to be cleaned and sanitized at more frequent intervals as dictated by hotel cleaning schedules. We will use an approved COVID-19 sanitizer.
- Disinfection of Food Equipment, Utensils and Tools: We will clean and sanitize all food production equipment, preparation surfaces and all touch points frequently and as required.
- Sterilization of Glassware, China and Utensils: These are washed in our dishwashers and sanitized during rinse cycle of 82°C. Team members handling equipment after will be wearing gloves and all equipment will be stored in a sanitized environment.